Microsoft KB Archive/248709
Article ID: 248709
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248709
When you attempt to use the Out of Office Assistant, you receive the following error messages:
Out of Office Assistant creates a set of two rules in the Inbox subtree. The first contains a Message Class of IPM.Note.Rules.Oof.Template.MicrosoftMessage with a field, PT_String8=MSFT:TDX OOF Rules. The other rule contains a Message Class of IPM.Note.Rules.OoFTemplate.Microsoft. One or both of these rules are corrupted or are not synchronized with the OOF-enabled indicator.
Use the Mdbvue32 utility from the Exchange 2000 Server CD-ROM, the Exchange Server 5.5 CD-ROM, or the Exchange Server 5.0 Resource Kit to delete the two entries for Out of Office.
- Start Mdbvu32.exe.
- Click MAPI_EXPLICIT_PROFILE, and then click OK.
- Click the MAPI profile for the mailbox that you want to correct.
- From the MDB menu, click Open Message Store.
- Click Mailbox -
usernamein the list, and then click Open.
- On the MDB menu, click Open Root Folder.
- Under Child Folders, double-click Top of Information Store.
- Under Child Folders, double-click Inbox.
- Examine each row of entries that appear under Associated Messages in Fld by double-clicking the CB items one at a time. You are looking for two items that have the following message properties:
- The item that contains a message property Ox65EB that displays either OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules.
- The items that contain a message property PR_MESSAGE_CLASS that displays IPM.Note.Rules.OofTemplate.Microsoft.
- Select both CB: values.
To do so, press and hold down CTRL while you click both CB values under Associated Messages in Fld.
- In the Operations Available list, click lpFld-> DeleteMessages in the messages that are selected.
- Click Call Function, and then click OK.
- In the MAPI_FOLDER Inbox => Delete Messages dialog box, click OK.
- Continue to close the dialog boxes, and then quit the Mdbvue32 utility. You must now reset the Out of Office message that you want in Outlook.
Additional query words: XCLN MDBVU32 Rules Reset 8.0 8.01 8.02 8.03 8.04 8.5 9.0 ol97 ol98 ol2000 ol2k ol2002 ol2k2
Keywords: kbprb KB248709