Microsoft KB Archive/248584
Article ID: 248584
Article Last Modified on 9/26/2003
- Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000.2 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248584
When you start Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 for the first time on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer, you receive the following message:
If you click No, PhotoDraw 2000 quits.
If you click Yes, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior occurs if the following conditions are true:
- PhotoDraw 2000 is installed on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer.
- A user with Administrator privileges installed PhotoDraw 2000 on the computer and then logged off from the computer without starting the program.
- You have User privileges on the computer.
The first time you start PhotoDraw 2000, you are prompted to register the program with Microsoft. Regardless of your response to this prompt, information is written to the registry.
Windows 2000 restricts access to this portion of the registry when you are logged on to the computer with User privileges.
To resolve this issue:
- Log on to the computer with Administrator privileges, and then start PhotoDraw 2000.
- When you are prompted to register the program, click Yes or No, and then quit PhotoDraw 2000.
- Log off the computer.
Users with User privileges can now start PhotoDraw 2000 on the computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000, version 2.0.
Additional query words: 2.00 photo draw phd2k crash stops initialize boot win2k
Keywords: kberrmsg kbbug kbenv kbpending KB248584