Microsoft KB Archive/248489
Article ID: 248489
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248489
When you log on to Exchange Server as Administrator to create a site connector between sites in different domains that are in a two-way trust, and then enter the name of the remote server as the target site in the New Site Connector dialog box, you may receive this message:
This issue can occur when the account that you are using does not have permissions to create site connectors.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Confirm that the Exchange Server service account is properly configured with the appropriate Microsoft Windows NT permissions.
- Confirm that the service account has the Service Account Admin role at the site level on both sites. The service account should have this role on the Organization and Configuration containers as well.
- Log off the current account, log on as the local service account, and then create the site connector.
For additional informationExchange Server service account permissions, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
147701 XADM: Exchange Service Account Permissions
Keywords: kbprb KB248489