Microsoft KB Archive/248451
Article ID: 248451
Article Last Modified on 1/27/2007
- Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0
This article was previously published under Q248451
For information about the differences between Microsoft Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook e-mail clients, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
257824 OL2000: Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express
When you use Outlook Express 5 and you click Send/Receive, the Connect To box may be displayed, even though you are already connected to the Internet. This may cause your Internet connection to become disconnected.
This behavior can occur if your Internet account settings are incorrectly configured.
To resolve this issue:
- Start Outlook Express, and click Work Offline on the File menu.
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts, and then click Mail.
- Verify the connection type for the mail accounts. Click the account that does not list Any Available as the connection type.
- Click Properties, and then click Connection.
- Click to clear the Always connect to this account using check box, click Apply, and then click OK.
- Click Close, and then quit Outlook Express.
Additional query words: autodial
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB248451