Microsoft KB Archive/248386
Article ID: 248386
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5
This article was previously published under Q248386
After you configure the Server Status tool to send reports to an e-mail user, the user may receive the following error message in their e-mail program when the report is sent:
This issue can occur if the e-mail address is entered incorrectly.
To resolve this issue, verify that the e-mail address is entered correctly, and if it is not, edit it as needed:
- Start the Small Business Server (SBS) console, click Task, click Administration Tools, and then click Configure Server Status.
- On the Help menu, click Server Status Configuration, and then click the Send Options tab.
- In the Enter an e-mail address or a fax number box, verify that the e-mail address begins with "SMTP:" (without quotation marks). For example, this might look like this
whereNOTE: To send the server status report by fax, verify that the fax number begins with "FAX:" (without quotation marks). For example, FAX:123-456-7890.
administrator nameis the appropriate administrator name, and
company nameis the appropriate company name.
- To perform a test, click Send Server Status on the SBS console\Task\Adminstrative Tools area, and then check the recipients e-mail or fax.
Additional query words: smallbiz
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB248386