Microsoft KB Archive/248369
Article ID: 248369
Article Last Modified on 2/23/2007
- Microsoft Message Queue Server 1.0
- Microsoft Message Queuing 2.0
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Developer Edition
- Microsoft Management Console 1.0
- Microsoft Management Console 1.1
- Microsoft Management Console 1.2
This article was previously published under Q248369
When you install Microsoft Message Queuing Triggers on a computer running Windows NT 4.0, the following error message occurs when you try to load the Microsoft Message Queuing Triggers Administration snap-in in the Microsoft Management Console (MMC):
Note Microsoft Message Queuing is also known as MSMQ.
The Microsoft Message Queuing Triggers Administration snap-in does not work with version 1.0 of the MMC that is included in Windows NT 4.0.
This snap-in requires version 1.1 or later of the MMC. You must upgrade your MMC installation for the snap-in to work properly. The latest version of the MMC can be downloaded from the following Microsoft Web site:
This behavior is by design.
The Microsoft Message Queuing Triggers Administration snap-in installs properly on computers running Windows 2000.
Additional query words: MSMQ MMC
Keywords: kbprb KB248369