Microsoft KB Archive/248353
Article ID: 248353
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q248353
You have installed an auto-started service configured for a non-localsystem account.
When the system is starting, the system pauses at the blank blue screen for ~90 seconds and then the logon prompt appears.
Add the NWCWorkstation service as a dependency to your non-localsystem service.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Client Services for Netware (CSNW) is installed and the NWCWorkstation service isn't configured to run in a group (default for CSNW).
- Another auto-start service is installed that runs in a non-LocalSystem account.
The Auto-start service from step 2 comes before NWCWorkstation service alphabetically in the registry:
or it belongs to a service load order group. (Services that belong to a load order group always start before a service that doesn't belong to a load order group.)
- Restart the computer.
Keywords: kbbug kbkernbase kbpending kbservice KB248353