Microsoft KB Archive/248298
Article ID: 248298
Article Last Modified on 10/30/2006
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.2
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.2a
- Microsoft Mail for PC Networks 3.5
This article was previously published under Q248298
If you attempt to use the Microsoft Mail (MS Mail) Administrator program (Admin.exe) to modify groups, the following error message is displayed:
If you troubleshoot with the DOS mail client by selecting Compose, and then selecting To, the following error message is displayed:
The Admin.nme and Adminshd.nme (Postoffice Address List) file sizes in the postoffice Nme directory are 0 bytes.
To rebuild the Postoffice Address List (POL):
- Start the Gimport.exe utility (version 3.5e) by typing the following at a command prompt:
gimport -r -d
- Start the Acctonme.exe utility.
- Copy the new Admin.nme file to the Adminshd.nme file.
- Recreate the groups by using either the MS Mail Administrator program or the Gimport utility.
- Use either the MS Mail Administrator program or the Import utility to add any external users back to the POL, because they were lost in the POL rebuild.
- To update the global address list with the new POL addresses, start the Rebuild utility by typing the following at a command prompt:
rebuild -f -d
For additional information about the Acctonme and Gimport utilities, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
129500 PC Adm: Automating the Resetting of Group Files with GIMPORT
99419 PC DB: Database Maintenance Utilities [Complete]
For additional information about the Rebuild utility, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
96060 PC DirSync: Directory Synchronization (Dir-Sync)
Additional query words: Admin
Keywords: kbprb KB248298