Microsoft KB Archive/248289
Article ID: 248289
Article Last Modified on 7/31/2001
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q248289
When you try to create an offline subscription that has a name that contains an apostrophe ('), you may receive the following Access Workflow Designer error message:
Access Workflow Designer does not support apostrophes in offline subscription (publication) names. However, Microsoft SQL Server does allow apostrophes in publication names.
Change the offline subscription (publication) name to one that does not contain an apostrophe.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- On the Access Workflow Designer development computer, start the Access Workflow Designer. Select a database that has been registered with the Access Workflow Designer.
- In the Object list, click Offline Publications.
- Right-click, and then click Add Offline Publication. This starts the Offline Publication Wizard.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the Offline Publication Information page, type publication's.
- Click Next.
- On the Main User Tables page, add the main table (click the check box). Click Next.
- On the Offline Permissions page, include the required database role or roles. Click Next.
- On the Completing page, click Finish.
Note that you receive the error message described in the "Symptoms" section of this article.
Additional query words: pra errmsg err msg single quotation mark quote incorrect syntax near s
Keywords: kbbug kbpending kbworkflowdesigner KB248289