Microsoft KB Archive/248130
Article ID: 248130
Article Last Modified on 8/5/2004
- Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248130
AutoSave.exe is a unsupported add-in sample that provides an autosave feature for Visual C++. The AutoSave add-in saves the currently open workspace in Visual C++ after a specified time interval.
The AutoSave add-in is based on the Developer Studio Object Model and Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC).
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online Services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
The self-extracting AutoSave.exe file contains the following files:
Steps to Install the Add-In
- Run AutoSave.exe to extract the Visual C++ project.
- Build the project in Visual C++ in Release or Debug configuration.
- In Visual C++, click Customize from the Tools menu.
- In the Customize dialog box, click the Add-Ins and Macro Files tab.
- Click the Browse button and locate the AutoSave.dll file that was built in step 2.
- Click OK to save the settings. A toolbar with the AutoSave command appears.
Using the AutoSave Add-In
Click on the AutoSave button to launch the AutoSave Configuration dialog box. This dialog has an edit box where you can enter the time in minutes; the default setting is 3 minutes. Click Start to start the timer and Stop to stop it.
The timer setting is stored in the following registry key:
See the following topics in the MSDN Library for Visual C++ 6.0 for documentation on Visual C++ Automation:
MSDN Library; Visual Studio Documentation; Visual C++ Documentation; Using Visual C++; Visual C++ User's Guide; Automating Tasks in Visual C++
Additional query words: AutoSave
Keywords: kbhowto kbdownload kbide kbfile kbautomation kbdevstudio kbsample KB248130