Microsoft KB Archive/248124
Article ID: 248124
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q248124
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry
After an online restoration of the directory service and the information store on a test server, the Exchange Server Information Store service may not start and a specific error 4015 may occur.
The following error messages may be logged in the Application event log:
This issue can occur if the server is renamed after Exchange Server installation; some values in the MSExchangeIS key contain the name of the test server.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the name of the Exchange Server computer matches the server name that is used in the DSA Computer, MTA Computer, and This Server values in the MSExchangeIS key.
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To make sure that the name of the Exchange Server computer matches the server name that is used in the DSA Computer, MTA Computer, and This Server values:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Note the server name that is used in the following values:
- DSA Computer
- MTA Computer
- This Server
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Use one of the following steps, as applicable:
- Rename the computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000 Server or Microsoft Windows NT Server, and install Exchange Server 5.5 again.
- Change the registry values in step 3 to match the correct server name.
Additional query words: 0xfaf ds is
Keywords: kbprb KB248124