Microsoft KB Archive/248034
Article ID: 248034
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
This article was previously published under Q248034
When attempting to connect to an Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Web server, you may see the following error:
This error indicates that the Web site you are trying to access has an IP address that does not accept requests for the port on which this request came.
Verify that you have the correct site name or IP address for the server. If you do have the correct information, ask the site administrator to check the following:
- From the Internet Services Manager, open the properties for the Web site in question.
- Under the Web Site tab, verify that the correct IP address and port are listed in the Web Server's Web Site Identification.
- If multiple Identities are listed, attempt to connect using one of the identities listed and/or remove the extra identities from the site.
Additional query words: IIS 5
Keywords: kbprb kbprod2web KB248034