Microsoft KB Archive/248032
Article ID: 248032
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
This article was previously published under Q248032
When you connect to a Web server using a Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:
This error occurs because the server has a list of DNS names that are not allowed to access the site, and the DNS name you are using is in this list.
Have the Web site administrator remove your client's DNS name from the DNS restrictions on the IIS computer. To do this, open the properties on the Default Web Site or the Web site in question:
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- Under IP Address and Domain name restrictions, click Edit.
- Make sure that the Granted Access option is selected, and then click the domain name that you want to remove in the list.
- Click Remove.
- Do this for each domain that you want to remove.
NOTE: IP and Domain restrictions can also be set in the Master properties. You may have to perform the above steps under Master properties. To enter Master properties, right-click the server name in the Internet Services Manager and choose Properties. In the Master Properties box, click Edit.
Additional query words: IIS 5
Keywords: kbprb kbprod2web KB248032