Microsoft KB Archive/247966
Error Message: Record Video Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Msvcrt.dll
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5 for Windows 98
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5 for Windows 95
When you try to use your Universal Serial Bus (USB) Intel PC Camera Pro Pack with Video In to record video to your computer running Internet Explorer 5.0, you may receive the following error message:
Record video caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Msvcrt.dll
This issue can occur if the version of the Msvcrt.dll file is not 5.00.7303. This is the version needed for the camera, however Internet Explorer 5.0 installs version 6.00.8397 or greater.
The third-party contact information included in this article is provided to help you find the technical support you need. This contact information is subject to change without notice. Microsoft in no way guarantees the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
To resolve this issue, contact Intel to inquire about the availability of updated drivers to resolve this issue. To do so, view the following Intel Web site:
To work around this issue, replace the Msvcrt.dll file in the Windows\System folder with version 5.00.7303 of this file:
NOTE: Replacing this file with the older version permits the camera to record, but may adversely affect Internet Explorer.
- Make a backup copy of the Msvcrt.dll file located in the Windows\System folder before you perform the following steps.
- Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type CD progra~1\Intel\camera~1\Scener~1, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type copy msvcrt.dll c:\windows\system, and then press ENTER.
- Type exit, and then press ENTER to reload Windows.
The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.
Additional query words:
Keywords : kb3rdparty kberrmsg msiew95 msiew98 win98se
Version : WINDOWS:5
Platform : WINDOWS
Issue type : kbprb
Last Reviewed: September 28, 2000