Microsoft KB Archive/247888
Article ID: 247888
Article Last Modified on 2/26/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247888
The following error message may be displayed when you configure the From Exchange tab of a Connection Agreement for the Active Directory Connector (ADC). This error message may also be displayed when you configure the default Exchange Server destination in the From Windows tab.
This issue can occur for either of the following reasons:
- The Exchange Server 5.5 computer is not running the required service pack or later. If you define a Connection Agreement to an Exchange Server site, the target directory bridgehead must be running Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 2 or later.
- Permissions are not configured correctly on the Exchange Server 5.5 computer.
To resolve this issue:
- Apply Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 2 or later to the target Exchange Server 5.5 computer. If Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack 3 is installed, you may need to reapply it.
- Make sure that the following permissions are correctly configured in this domain and on this server:
- The Exchange Server service account at the organization, site, and configuration levels in the Exchange Server Administrator program must have Service Account Administrator rights.
- All of the accounts that are used to set up the ADC must have "Access this computer from the network" and "Log on locally" rights in Local Computer Policy, Default Domain Policy, and Default Domain Controllers Policy (click Computer Configurations, click Windows Settings, click Security Settings, click Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment).
- Change port to 391 (in case 390 is in use).
Additional query words: ds dir
Keywords: kbprb KB247888