Microsoft KB Archive/247829
Article ID: 247829
Article Last Modified on 10/8/2006
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 8.0 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
- Microsoft Outlook 8.1 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
This article was previously published under Q247829
There is no converter available to directly import your Microsoft Outlook for Windows contacts into your Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book. This article describes how to migrate your Microsoft Exchange Mailbox contacts from Outlook for Windows to Outlook for Macintosh.
When you create an e-mail message on a computer that is running Outlook for Windows, and then save the e-mail message to your Drafts folder, you can access the e-mail message on a computer that is running Outlook for Macintosh, and then add the contacts to your Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book.
How to Migrate Your Outlook for Windows Contacts to Your Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book
- In Outlook for Windows, create an e-mail message that is addressed to all of the contacts that you want to add to your Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book.
- To save the message, click Save on the File menu in the open e-mail message.
- In Outlook for Macintosh, locate the folder in the Exchange Server mailbox where the e-mail message is saved, and then open the e-mail message.
- Right-click the first contact in the To box, and then click Add to Personal Address Book.
Repeat this step for each contact in the To box.
The Outlook for Windows contacts have entries in the Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book.
An alternate solution is to upgrade to Microsoft Outlook for Power Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2. When you use this version of Outlook, you can import a Outlook for Windows comma delimited text file to your Outlook for Macintosh Personal Address Book.
How to Obtain Outlook for Power Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2
Outlook for Power Macintosh Exchange Server Edition 8.2 is included with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Service Pack (SP) 3, or you can obtain it from the following Microsoft File Transfer Protocol (FTP) site:
Additional query words: OL2K
Keywords: kbhowto KB247829