Microsoft KB Archive/247823
Article ID: 247823
Article Last Modified on 6/28/2004
- Microsoft Access 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247823
Moderate: Requires basic macro, coding, and interoperability skills.
For a Microsoft 2002 version of this article, see 285353.
This article shows you how to find a record in a data access page based on an entry that you select from a drop-down list.
To create the data access page and the appropriate script to find a selected record, follow these steps:
- Open the sample database Northwind.mdb.
- In the Database window, click Pages under Objects, and then double-click Create data access page by using wizard.
- Under Tables/Queries, click the arrow, and then click Table: Customers in the list.
- Click >> to move all the fields from the Available Fields list to the Selected Fields list.
- Click Finish.
- In the toolbox, click Dropdown List, and then click anywhere on the page to add the Dropdown List control.
- Set the following properties for the Dropdown List control:
ListRowSource: Table: Customers
- Right-click anywhere on the page, and then click Microsoft Script Editor on the shortcut menu to open the HTML source.
- On the View menu, point to Other Windows, and then click Script Outline. This places the focus in the Script Outline window pane, at the top-most node that is labeled Client Objects & Events. Expand Client Objects & Events, expand CustID, and then double-click the onchange event.
Insert the following script:
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript FOR=CustID EVENT=onchange> <!-- Dim rs Set rs = MSODSC.DefaultRecordset rs.Find "[CustomerID] = '" & document.all.item("CustID").value & "'", 0, 1, 1 '0 = Skip zero records before starting the search. '1 = Search in a forward direction. '1 = Always begin the search with the first record in the recordset. --> </SCRIPT>
NOTE: To search for numeric data, change the command line in the script as follows:
rs.Find "[CustomerID] = " & document.all.item("CustID").value
- Save the page as Page1.htm, and then click Page View on the View menu.
- Click a value in the CustID drop-down list to move the data access page to that record.
Additional query words: inf dap mod dhtml search move to
Keywords: kbhowto kbdap kbdapscript KB247823