Microsoft KB Archive/247792
Article ID: 247792
Article Last Modified on 8/6/2002
- Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
This article was previously published under Q247792
You may receive the following error message
when all of the following conditions are true:
- You create an offline subscription on the development computer.
- You create a data access page that has the Workflow Toolbar Control on it.
- You create the offline subscription on the end-user client computer.
- You change the password for the sa account on the end-user client computer.
You have changed the password on the end-user client computer and have not synchronized with the online data store.
After you change the password for the sa account on the end-user client computers, immediately synchronize with the online data store before you try to take a solution offline. To do this, connect to the page in an online manner and synchronize. That way you are prompted for the new sa password. After you enter the new sa password, the offline publication use of the page will function properly.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- On the development computer, create an offline publication for a workflow-enabled application. Be sure you also have a data access page with the Workflow Toolbar Control for this solution.
- On the end-user client computer, browse to the data access page for the solution.
- On the end-user client computer, click Offline Workflow Toolbar.
- Click Make Available Offline. Click the name of the subscription. This opens the Add Favorite dialog box. Create a favorite for this page, and then click to select the Make Available Offline check box. This starts the synchronization process, which may take some time, depending on the size of the subscription.
- After the synchronization is finished, click Work Offline on the File menu in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Click Refresh.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type command, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type osql -Usa -P, and then press ENTER.
- At the "1>" prompt, type sp_password NULL, 'new', 'sa'. Press ENTER. This changes the old password, which was blank, to the password new.
- At the "2>" prompt, type go. You receive a message that the password was successfully changed.
- At the "3>" prompt, type exit. Press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type exit. Press ENTER.
- Browse to the data access page. On the File menu in Microsoft Internet Explorer, click Work Offline.
- Click Refresh. Be sure to click Stay Offline when you are prompted.
- Try to either add a new record or edit an existing record. Click Save Changes. Note that you receive the error message mentioned at the beginning of this article.
Additional query words: subscription changed prb
Keywords: kbprb kbworkflowdesigner KB247792