Microsoft KB Archive/247655
Article ID: 247655
Article Last Modified on 10/6/2003
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional Edition
This article was previously published under Q247655
When you start Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000, you may receive the following error message
VideoAdapter is the manufacturer and model of your video adapter.
You may receive this error message even if 3D hardware acceleration is disabled in the game.
This behavior can occur if your video adapter and driver are listed in the Badcfg.cfg file located in the FS2000 folder.
To resolve this issue, contact your hardware manufacturer to inquire about how to obtain and install the latest version of the video driver for your primary video adapter.
For information about how to contact your hardware manufacturer, click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
If no updated video driver is available for your primary video adapter, you can work around this issue by disabling 3D hardware acceleration in Flight Simulator 2000, and then renaming the Badcfg.cfg file. To do this:
- Start a new flight in Flight Simulator 2000.
- On the Options menu, point to Settings, and then click Display.
- Click to clear the Enable hardware acceleration check box, and then click the green CHECK MARK.
- Quit Flight Simulator 2000.
- Click Start, point to Find, then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type badcfg.cfg.
- Click to select the Include subfolders check box.
- In the Look in box, click the hard disk on which Flight Simulator 2000 is installed, and then click Find Now.
- In the list of found files, right-click the Badcfg.cfg file, and then click Rename.
- Type badcfg.old, and then press ENTER.
- Close the Find: Files Named Badcfg.cfg window.
Additional query words: flightsim fsim fs fs2000 fs2k msgame errmsg
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb kbdisplay KB247655