Microsoft KB Archive/247649
Article ID: 247649
Article Last Modified on 8/15/2005
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition
This article was previously published under Q247649
When running Visual Studio 6.0 setup on Windows NT 4.0 you may receive the following error message:
Setup may continue, but the following error message appears:
Mscal.ocx does not register under certain circumstances with version 5.0 of Comcat.dll.
Use the following steps to replace Comcat.dll version 5.0 with version 4.71.1460.1. Replace C:\ with the Windows NT installation drive if Windows NT is installed to a different drive on your computer.
- From the Start button, click Run. Type cmd and click OK.
- Rename the file C:\WINNT\System32\Comcat.dll to Comcat.123
- Copy the file Comcat.dll (ver. 4.71.1460.1) to the Windows System folder on your machine. Comcat.dll is located in the folder VB98\Wizards\PDWizard\Redist\ on Disk 1 of the Visual Studio/Visual Basic 6.0 CD.
- From the Start menu, click Run. Type REGSVR32 COMCAT.DLL and click OK.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall Visual Studio 6.0.
This issue has been seen on Service Pack 3,4, and 5 machines.
Additional query words: mscal mscal.ocx
Keywords: kbprb KB247649