Microsoft KB Archive/247614
Article ID: 247614
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247614
When you move a mailbox from one server to another server in Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0 or 5.5, the Exchange Administrator may stop responding and you must restart the Exchange Server to restart the program.
This can happen on either the server where the mailbox originates, or the server where you move the mailbox.
This behavior can occur when there is an integrity problem or corruption in the private information store.
To resolve this issue, run the Isinteg utility against the private information store. Follow these steps:
- Stop the Information Store (IS) service.
- At the Microsoft Windows NT command prompt, use the cd command to switch to the network drive that contains the Exchange Server directory.
- Use the cd command to switch to the Exchsrvr\bin folder, and then press ENTER.
- To check the integrity of the private information store, type the following at the Microsoft Windows NT command prompt, and then press ENTER:
isinteg -test -pri
- Restart the IS service.
For additional information on the Move Mailbox operation, and to compare events in the application log of your Event Viewer, please see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
188627 XADM: MSExchangeIS Move Mailbox Error Event IDs
Keywords: kbprb KB247614