Microsoft KB Archive/247582
Article ID: 247582
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 8.0 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
- Microsoft Outlook 8.1 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
- Microsoft Outlook 8.2 Exchange Server Edition for Macintosh
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247582
When you migrate from the Microsoft Exchange Server Outlook client for Macintosh to Outlook for Windows, address entries in the personal address book (PAB) can not be exported. This article describes a technique for making this information available to the Windows version of Outlook.
NOTE: The steps in this article assume that both the Macintosh and Windows versions of Outlook are currently able to access a user's mailbox on an Exchange Server computer.
To Migrate Addresses from Outlook for the Macintosh
Mail messages are available to all compatible clients that access the Exchange Server Inbox after the user logs on to the mailbox. Additionally, mail messages can be saved, in an unfinished form, to the user's Inbox. This operation can be used to migrate the PAB address entries to the version of Outlook for Windows.
To move the PAB entries:
- Using the Macintosh client, log on to the mailbox, and then create a new mail message. Address the message to all recipients in the PAB.
- On the File menu, click Save. The message is saved to the Inbox.
- Log on to the user mailbox with the version of Outlook for Windows. Open the saved message, and then right-click each recipient in the TO line, and click Add to Personal Address Book or Add to Contacts for each recipient.
To Add Addresses to the PAB in Outlook 2000
The option to add recipients to an address book provider differs with the various versions of Outlook for Windows. For example, although the PAB can be used in a profile for Outlook 2000, the default action when you right-click is to add recipients to Contacts.
To add recipients to the PAB in Outlook 2000:
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- In Address Book, click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
- In Addressing, click the Keep Personal Addresses In list, and then click Personal Address Book. Click OK, and then close the Address Book.
When you right-click the address in the mail message, the Add to Personal Address Book item is added.
Additional query words: 97
Keywords: kbhowto KB247582