Microsoft KB Archive/247539
Article ID: 247539
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel
- Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller software 4.0
This article was previously published under Q247539
When you use the Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel, the pedals may have no effect in the game, the brake pedal may not respond, or your vehicle may move in reverse when you press either pedal.
This behavior can occur if the game is not compatible with the "Combined" Pedal Mode of the Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller software.
To resolve this issue, change the Pedal Mode of the Microsoft SideWinder Game Controller Software from Combined to Separate:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Game Controllers.
- Click Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel, and then click Properties.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Pedal Mode, click Separate.
- Click OK.
- If you are prompted to name the scheme, do so, and then save the scheme.
- Click OK.
- Close Control Panel.
Additional query words: 1.00 4.00 side winder sw gaming device
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbfaq kbhardware kbprb KB247539