Microsoft KB Archive/247498
Article ID: 247498
Article Last Modified on 5/11/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247498
On a Windows 2000-based computer, Microsoft Spy++ version 6.0 or earlier displays an "Invalid Process" message in the Process Properties dialog box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem was corrected in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET (which uses Spy++ 7).
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Run Spy++ (version 6.0 or earlier).
- On the Spy menu, click Processes to bring up a processes window.
- Right-click a process other than the IDLE process in the processes window, and then click Properties. A dialog box appears that displays the message "Invalid Process".
Additional query words: vc spy 6 7
Keywords: kbbug kbfix kbnoupdate KB247498