Microsoft KB Archive/247474
Article ID: 247474
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server
This article was previously published under Q247474
The Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server provides audio/video and data conferencing by integrating two separate ActiveX controls into the conferencing Web page. Automatically downloading and registering the Xcliacc.cab and Xipcctl.cab files onto the local computer accomplish this.
There may be times when administrators do not want this operation to occur automatically. In this case, manual installation of these files is possible. The necessary information on how to extract and register each of these files onto the local computer is in the "More Information" section of this article.
To Manually Extract and Register Audio/Video ActiveX Controls
- Copy the two files, Xcliacc.cab and Xipcctl.cab, from the Conferencing server located in the following directory (default installation) and into a temporary directory (temp) on the local computer:
<x>:\Program Files\Microsoft Exchange Conferencing Server\Conferencing\
- Extract each file using the following syntax: To produce the Xipcctl_.dll file:
To produce the Xcliacc_.dll file:
- Use the following samples as a guideline on how to register each of the files:
- C:\temp\regsvr32 xipcctl_.dll
- C:\temp\regsvr32 xcliacc_.dll
Once you accomplish this process, the client computer may be able to successfully participate in online audio/video and data conferences.
Keywords: kbhowto KB247474