Microsoft KB Archive/247331
Article ID: 247331
Article Last Modified on 11/3/2003
- Microsoft Windows CE Toolkit for Visual C++ 6.0
- Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.12
This article was previously published under Q247331
With a successful install of the Microsoft Windows CE Toolkit for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and a software development kit (SDK) exported from Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.12, attempts to build projects targeting the 2.12 platform fail with an error similar to the following:
The Microsoft Windows CE Toolkit for Visual C++ 6.0 was shipped prior to the release of Windows CE version 2.12 and does not include the compilers needed to build applications for this operating system.
By using the compilers provided for Windows CE 2.11 you will be able to build and debug applications targeting Windows CE 2.12:
- Start Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.
- From the Tools select Options, and then select the Directories tab.
- Select the 2.12 platform in the WCE Configuration drop-down list.
- Select Executable Files in the Show Directories for drop-down list.
- Change the WCE212\BIN entry to WCE211\BIN.
- Select Library Files in the Show Directories for drop-down list.
- Change occurrences of "Mfc" to "MFC" (capitalize all of the letters).
- Change occurrences of "Atl" to "ATL" (capitalize all of the letters).
NOTE: The preceding changes will not allow applications to be built for the MIPS16 or Thumb processors, which are supported by Windows CE 2.12. Check the Microsoft Windows CE products web site at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsce for information on the availability of updated development tools.
This behavior is by design.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install an SDK exported from Platform Builder 2.12 into the Windows CE Toolkit for Visual C++ 6.0.
- Create or load a Windows CE application and attempt to build for the platform installed in step 1 using a CPU configuration other than x86.
An error occurs while spawning the Windows CE compiler for the requested processor.
Additional query words: Toolkit Windows CE Platform Builder SDK kbWinCE212
Keywords: kbprb KB247331