Microsoft KB Archive/247288
Article ID: 247288
Article Last Modified on 10/25/2007
- Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects 1.21
- Microsoft Collaboration Data Objects 1.2
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
This article was previously published under Q247288
When using Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) in Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS) or COM+, you may receive various errors or your application may not run properly within an MTS/COM+ package. The same application runs properly outside of the MTS/COM+ environment.
CDO was designed before MTS and COM+ were released. CDO 1.21 is not thread-safe. Therefore, operating within the MTS/COM+ environment was not a design requirement of the the CDO library.
Although using CDO applications with MTS may work in certain configurations, this is not supported by Microsoft.
Additional query words: win winnt win2k windows 2000 nt 4.0 plus
Keywords: kbmsg kbprb KB247288