Microsoft KB Archive/247204
Article ID: 247204
Article Last Modified on 2/28/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
This article was previously published under Q247204
When you install Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server on a computer that has a Boca Research 33.6 internal FD34FSVD modem, Windows 2000 does not detect the modem.
To work around this issue, manually install the modem:
- In Control Panel, double-click Phone And Modem Options.
- Click Modems, and then click Add.
- Click to select the Don't detect my modem; I will select it from a list check box, and then click Next.
- In the Manufacturers list, click Boca Research.
- In the Models list, click Boca 33.6 Kbps Internal FD34FSVD, and then click Next.
- Click the port where you want to install the modem, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
Additional query words: device pnp
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix KB247204