Microsoft KB Archive/247174
Article ID: 247174
Article Last Modified on 3/1/2007
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
This article was previously published under Q247174
You can use the Terminal Services Client Connection Manager software to specify a user name, password, and domain name that are used whenever a user starts a specific connection. This feature eliminates the need for the user to type his or her credentials at each connection attempt.
This feature is overridden in Windows 2000 and the user must type a password by default.
To disable this override:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Terminal Services Configuration.
- Right-click your RDP-TCP connection, and then click Properties.
- Click Logon Settings, and then click to clear the Always prompt for password check box.
Keywords: kbenv kbinfo KB247174