Microsoft KB Archive/247070
Article ID: 247070
Article Last Modified on 12/5/2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6
- Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7
This article was previously published under Q247070
BUG #: 54929 (SQLBUG_70)
BUG #: 352122 (SHILOH_BUGS)
Opening a view that executes a long running query in the SQL Server 7.0 Enterprise Manager (SEM) will get an ODBC Timeout error.
The SEM's default for QueryTimeout is 30 seconds, and the timeout value is not configurable.
Do not open long running queries from the SEM. Run the query from Query Analyzer instead of SEM.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB247070