Microsoft KB Archive/247049
Article ID: 247049
Article Last Modified on 2/27/2007
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q247049
Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP) servers (also known as Internet news servers) host discussion groups and the groups' discussion content. At times, these servers may incur corruption of content or the indexing files. If this occurs, you need to rebuild the NNTP servers.
To rebuild an NNTP virtual server:
- Stop the NNTP virtual server; right-click the NNTP virtual server, and then click Stop.
- In Exchange System Manager, click the virtual server that you want to rebuild.
- On the Action menu, click Tasks, and then click Rebuild Server.
- In the Rebuild NNTP Virtual Server dialog box, click either Standard or Thorough:
- Standard rebuilds the Group.lst file based on the contents of the virtual directories.
- Thorough rebuilds all the internal files (*.hsh, *.lst, and so on).
- Click Start.
- When finished, click Close.
Additional query words: x2kmrp
Keywords: kbhowto KB247049