Microsoft KB Archive/246896
Article ID: 246896
Article Last Modified on 4/22/2003
- Microsoft Visual InterDev 6.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246896
When you select Add Data Connection or Add Data Command in Visual InterDev, you may see the following error message:
The error message is generic and has several causes. They are listed in the "Resolution" section of this article from most common to least common. Step 1 resolves most cases. Ensure that all Visual Studio products are first closed.
- Re-register the required files:
Program files\Common files\Microsoft shared\Vs98\Vshelp.dll (Visual Studio Help) Program files\Common files\Designer\Msde.dll (DE design-time) Program files\Common files\Designer\Msderun.dll (DE runtime-time. Register on Web server as well) Visual studio\Common\Ide\Ide98\Viddbpkg.dll (DataProject/DataView - a.k.a. connection manager) Visual studio\VIntDev98\Bin\Vidisws.dll (WebProject)
To register a file, click Start, click Run, and then type the following text:
regsvr32 "<full path to dll>"
regsvr32 "c:\program files\visual studio\common\ide\ide98\viddbpkg.dll"
- Regenerate the Visual InterDev/Microsoft Visual J++ cached command menus by deleting the following file:
- Apply the most current Visual Studio service pack, which can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio.
- Install the latest version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC), which can be found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/dataaccess.
- For additional information for a bad version of Comcat.dll, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
183370 PRB: System Error 'No Such Interface Supported'
Following are other required files (non self-registering) that need to be present:
- Program files\Common files\Designer\Deext.tlb (DE extensibility)
- Program files\Common files\Designer\Resources\1033\Msdeui.dll (DE InterDev design-time resource)
- Visual studio\Common\Ide\Ide98\Resources\1033\Viddbui.dll (DataProject/DataView resources)
- Visual studio\VintDev98\Bin\Resources\1033\Vidwebui.dll (WebProject resources)
Keywords: kbfix kbprb KB246896