Microsoft KB Archive/246866
Article ID: 246866
Article Last Modified on 11/3/2004
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246866
Conference rooms that use the AutoAccept script with the Event Service may display incorrect free and busy information.
If the Event Service is used with the AutoAccept script, don't open the conference room calendar by clicking Open on the File menu and then clicking Other User's Folder. This causes problems with free and busy publishing because the AutoAccept script is responsible for publishing the free and busy time. Every time a user opens the calendar directly at the same time that the free and busy information is updated, the free and busy information becomes corrupted or incorrect.
To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Log on to each conference room mailbox directly. (Do not add the mailbox by clicking Services on the Tools menu.) Log on directly as the mailbox by using the Windows NT account that is associated with it.
NOTE: To log on to the conference room mailbox directly you must create a new profile.
Make sure that you configure Outlook to prompt you to select the profile that you want to use every time that you start Outlook.
- Right-click the Calendar folder, and then click Properties. Click the Permissions tab, and then in the Name list, click Default. In the Roles list, click None, and then click OK to change the default permissions role to none.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, click Calendar Options, and then click Free Busy Options. Set the calendar to publish free and busy information every 15 minutes. You can set the calendar to publish up to 12 months.
- Quit and log off from Outlook.
- Click the Start button, click Run, in the Open box, type outlook /cleanfreebusy, and then click OK. It may take a minute before the client starts.
- Quit and log on as another user. Plan a meeting and check the free and busy information. It may take up to 15 minutes before the data is updated correctly.
Additional query words: CDO 8.03 8.04 8.5
Keywords: kbprb KB246866