Microsoft KB Archive/246795
Article ID: 246795
Article Last Modified on 5/24/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246795
The automatic Check Name feature of Outlook 98 or Outlook 2000 may stop working for some users after you create a new information store or run the Exmerge utility to import mailbox data to a new information store.
The profiles for the affected users contain the Outlook Address Book. If you create a new information store, you create a new set of mailbox folders. The Outlook Address Book service is tied to the Contacts folder of the previous information store. If this link is broken, the Check Name feature does not work.
To work around this problem, remove the Outlook Address Book service from the profiles of the affected users, and then re-add it to the profiles of the affected users.
To add one or more contacts folders to the profile that can be used for automatic name resolution:
- On the Tools menu, click Services, and then click the Addressing tab.
- Click Add, and then click the appropriate contacts folder.
- Click Close. Click either the Move up or Move down button to change the order in which these address books are checked for name resolution.
- Click OK.
Additional query words: AutoCheckName
Keywords: kbprb KB246795