Microsoft KB Archive/246759
Article ID: 246759
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack 1
This article was previously published under Q246759
If all of the client connection accounts disappear from the Systems Management Server (SMS) Administrator console, or the creation of client connection accounts does not succeed during Setup, you cannot add new connection accounts. When you are adding client connection accounts in the SMS Administrator console, after you refresh the view, the accounts disappear.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Systems Management Server version 2.0. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
236325 How to Obtain the Latest Systems Management Server 2.0 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Systems Management Server version 2.0 This problem was first corrected in Systems Management Server version 2.0 Service Pack 2..
To install the hotfix, use the appropriate method.
Using the Hotfix Installer
NOTE: This method is only for Intel-based site servers. You must install this update manually on remote SMS Administrator consoles.
- Copy the hotfix folder structure to a share on your network. Q246759.exe is a Microsoft Windows Installer file that updates specific files on your site server.
- Log on to your site server using an account with administrative privileges.
- On the site server, quit the SMS Administrator console.
- Run Q246759.exe and follow the directions in the wizard. You can run the file in Quiet mode by using the /s switch.
To Update an SMS Site Server
- Quit the SMS Administrator console and stop all SMS services.
- Use Regsvr32.exe to unregister the SMS Administrator console Sms_nste.dll file in the
Platformfolder. At a command prompt, type the following command:
- Replace the Sms_nste.dll file in the
Platformfolder with the version obtained from the hotfix.
- Use Regsvr32.exe to register the updated file. At a command prompt, type the following command:
- Restart all SMS services.
To Update a Remote SMS Administrator Console
NOTE: Before implementing this update on your SMS Administrator console, you must install it on the SMS site server(s) in your environment.
- Quit the SMS Administrator console.
- From the updated SMS site server, copy the updated SMS Administrator console Sms_nste.dll file to a floppy disk or network share.
- At the remote computer that is running the SMS Administrator console, use Regsvr32.exe to unregister the file you are about to overwrite. Use the following command:
- Make a backup copy of the file.
- Copy the updated file from the floppy disk or network share to the
- Use RegSvr32.exe to register the updated file. Use the following command:
Additional query words: prodsms mmc add
Keywords: kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbbug kbclient kbconfig kbfix kbsecurity kbsms200sp2fix kbsmsadmin KB246759