Microsoft KB Archive/246725
Article ID: 246725
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
This article was previously published under Q246725
When you try to gain access to a security-enhanced Web site, you may receive the following error message:
This error message can be caused by incorrect security settings in Internet Explorer.
To resolve this issue:
- Quit Internet Explorer (if it is running).
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security section.
- Clear the Use PCT 1.0 selection.
- Clear the Use TLS 1.0 selection.
- Click OK.
Some Web sites do not support the PCT 1.0 and TSL 1.0 protocols.
Keywords: kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB246725