Microsoft KB Archive/246569
PSS ID Number: 246569
Article Last Modified on 12/3/1999
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- MSN 5.0
This article was previously published under Q246569
After you install Windows 98 Second Edition either as a new installation or an upgrade and you then upgrade MSN, The Microsoft Network, version 2.x to version 5.0, your Notification Delay and Notification Type settings may not work properly.
This behavior may be caused by a mismatched .ocx file between MSN 2.x and 5.0, or MSN may be experiencing server-side problems with notification updates.
To resolve this issue, contact MSN Support to determine if there is an issue with the Notification servers. If the servers are working properly, follow these steps to reinstall MSN 5.0:
- Right-click the MSN icon on the taskbar, point to MSN Options, and then click Close.
- Double-click the MSN icon on the desktop, and then click Cancel.
- Using Windows Explorer or My Computer, double-click the Rstormsn.exe file in the Tools\Mtsutil\Rstormsn folder on the Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM.
- When you are prompted with the MSN Setup notice, click OK.
- Double-click the MSN icon on the desktop to reinstall MSN.
Keywords: kbenv kbprb KB246569
Technology: kbMSN500 kbMSNSearch kbWin98SE kbWin98SEsearch