Microsoft KB Archive/246536
Article ID: 246536
Article Last Modified on 10/28/2006
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246536
When you create a vCard from a contact, the vCard is populated with information from the global address list.
The contact's e-mail address resolves against the global address list.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Outlook 2000.
To work around this issue, you can create a one-off address for the e-mail address from your contact. To create a one-off address:
- Open the contact.
- Click the Address Book icon in the contact for e-mail.
- In the Select Name window, click New.
- In the New Entry window, click In this entry only at the bottom of the window.
- Click Internet Address, and click OK.
- Type in the SMTP address you require in the Display Name and E-mail Address fields, and then click OK.
This creates the entry as a one-off address in the contact.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
195365 OL2000: How to Create an x.400 E-mail Address for a Contact
Keywords: kbprb KB246536