Microsoft KB Archive/246528
Article ID: 246528
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Works 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 6.0
This article was previously published under Q246528
This article describes how to format merged data in a Microsoft Works Word Processor document.
When you insert database fields into a Works Word Processor document, the data from the database is represented in the document by a placeholder with the name of the merged database field.
Works does not transfer character formatting or paragraph formatting from a database file to a merged document. To apply character formatting or paragraph formatting to a merged database field, apply the formatting to the placeholder in the document.
If you attempt to use the SPACEBAR or the default tabs to arrange merged data in columns in a Works Word Processor document, the columns may not be properly aligned. To align merged data in columns in a Works Word Processor document, define and use custom tab settings. To do this:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs for which you want to define custom tab settings.
- On the Format menu, click Tabs.
- Under Alignment, click the tab alignment that you want to use.
- Under Leader, click the tab leader that you want to use.
- In the Tab stop position box, the position for the tab stop, and then click Set.
- To define additional tab stops for the selected paragraphs, repeat steps two through five.
- When you finish defining tab stops, click OK.
The following rules apply to custom and default tab stops:
- Default tab stops apply to an entire document.
- Custom tab stops apply only to the paragraph for which you set them.
- You cannot change the alignment of a default tab stop.
- You can change the alignment of a custom tab stop to Left, Right, Center, or Decimal.
- A custom tab stop overides a default tab stop in the same position.
- A custom tab stop overrides all default tab stops located before the custom tab stop.
Additional query words: w_works works2k w2001 mail print merge
Keywords: kbhowto kbprint kbui KB246528