Microsoft KB Archive/246479
Article ID: 246479
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Windows 95
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
This article was previously published under Q246479
When you start your computer, you may receive the following error message:
To resolve this behavior:
- Click Start, click Run, type sysedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- On the Window menu, click
- On the Search menu, click Find.
- In the Find box, type motvcd.vxd, and then press ENTER.
- Type a semicolon (;) at the beginning of the line that contains "motvcd.vxd." The entry should appear under the [386Enh] section of the System.ini file and appear as "device=motvcd.vxd."
NOTE: If the "device=motvcd.vxd" line does not exist, repeat steps 4 and 5 to find the line that contains "crcvcd.vxd", and then type a semicolon (;) at the beginning of the "device=c:\megaphon\crcvcd.vxd" line.
- On the File menu, click Save, and then click Exit on the File menu.
- Restart your computer.
Motvcd.vxd is a virtual device driver used by some Motorola modems; the device should work correctly without reinstalling the drivers.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbhardware kbprb KB246479