Microsoft KB Archive/246471
Article ID: 246471
Article Last Modified on 2/21/2007
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246471
The sample macro for granting proxy access on individual Novell GroupWise mailboxes, Proxy.wcm, was written for use with the Novell GroupWise 4.x client and will not run on a Novell GroupWise 5.x client.
This macro is included on the Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 CD-ROM and can be found in the following directory from the root of the CD-ROM:
To manually set the proxy mailbox for migration purposes from each GroupWise 5.x client, follow these steps:
- To grant full proxy access to a user mailbox by using the Novell GroupWise client, start Novell GroupWise. To start Novell GroupWise, click Start, point to All Programs, point to GroupWise 5, and then click Novell GroupWise.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then double-click Security.
- On the Proxy Access tab, add the account that is being used to migrate the mailbox to the Access list. For example, in the Name box, type admin, and then click Add User.
- Click the account that you added, and then select all the access rights. Then, click OK.
The Groupwise 4.x macro does not work with Groupwise 5.x clients because Groupwise 5.x clients do not support macros. For information about using a Novell GroupWise macro to grant proxy access rights, refer to Chapter 10, "Migrating from Novell GroupWise" in the Microsoft Exchange Server Migration Guide.
If you encounter issues using a macro to set proxy access, refer to your Novell GroupWise documentation or contact Novell GroupWise technical support.
Additional query words: migrate XFOR
Keywords: kbinfo KB246471