Microsoft KB Archive/246270
Article ID: 246270
Article Last Modified on 10/27/2006
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246270
When you attempt to install Service Pack 1 (SP1), Service Pack 2 (SP2), or Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5, you may receive the following error message if you have Outlook Web Access (OWA) already installed:
The cause is unknown.
To resolve this behavior, remove Outlook Web Access (OWA), and then reinstall OWA and reapply the service pack. Follow these steps:
- Remove the OWA component.
- If you have custom Active Server Page (ASP) pages installed for use with OWA, copy them to a backup location.
- Delete the \Exchsrvr\Webdata folder.
- Reinstall OWA, and then reapply the service pack.
- Copy any custom ASP pages back into the \Exchsrvr\Webdata folder.
Additional query words: upgrade world
Keywords: kbprb KB246270