Microsoft KB Archive/246209
Article ID: 246209
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Encarta Interactive World Atlas 2000
- Microsoft Encarta Reference Suite 2000
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Concise Edition
- Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition
This article was previously published under Q246209
When you attempt to start any of the programs listed at the beginning of this article, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- Your computer may stop responding (hang).
- The program may quit unexpectedly.
This behavior can occur if the video adapter installed in your computer is based on the ATI Rage Pro chip set.
To resolve this issue, install the video drivers for the ATI Rage Pro chip set from the Microsoft Windows 98 CD-ROM. To do this:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- On the Settings tab, click Advanced.
- On the Adapter tab, note the manufacturer and model of your current video adapter, and then click Change.
- Click Next.
- Click Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want, and then click Next.
- Click Show All Devices.
- In the Manufacturers box, click ATI Technologies.
- In the Models box, click ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3), and then click OK or Next.
NOTE: If you are prompted to verify that you want to change the video driver, click Yes.
- Click Close, and then click Close again.
- When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
Additional query words: multi multi-media media mm ee2k ers2k ewa2k
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbdisplay kbprb KB246209