Microsoft KB Archive/246155
Article ID: 246155
Article Last Modified on 1/25/2007
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows 95
This article was previously published under Q246155
If this article does not describe the error message that you are receiving, view the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article to view more articles that describe error messages:
315854 Windows 98 and Windows Me Error Message Resource Center
When you are running Windows 98 or Windows 95 on your Compaq Presario 48OO series computer with an ATI Rage LT Pro video adapter, you may experience one or all of the following symptoms:
- If you are using Microsoft Themes, animated pointers may disappear, and this may occur when you view Web pages that use frames.
- The Display Properties window may be cropped at the bottom.
- You may receive a fatal exception error message when you start Windows if no monitors are listed in the registry.
- "Hot Keys" may not work when you try to switch between groups or select options in the TV format selection tool.
This issue can occur if you are using a version of the ATI Rage LT Pro video driver specifically for Presario computers that is earlier than version 5.23, revision A.
To resolve this issue, contact Compaq to obtain Softpaq number SP8456, which contains the manufacturer-recommended driver. For information about how to do so, view the following Compaq Web sites:
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Keywords: kb3rdparty kbfatalexerr0d kbfatalexerr0e kbprb kbui KB246155