Microsoft KB Archive/246128
Article ID: 246128
Article Last Modified on 8/4/2000
- Microsoft Site Server 3.0 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q246128
When you attempt to create a new Active User Object (AUO) provider using the Site Server Service Admin (HTML), the following error message is displayed:
The .asp files that are called when a new AUO provider is created include the text ".1.5" after the ADODB.Connection object. This text, ".1.5," incorrectly specifies the component version.
In each of these .asp files, remove the text ".1.5" from the ADODB.Connection line (this error only occurs on one line in each file).
These files are Odbcwiz04.asp, Odbcwiz05.asp, Odbcwiz06.asp, and Odbcwiz11.asp, and they are located in the \Microsoft Site Server\SiteServer\Admin\Knowledge\Persmbr folder.
Note: Because the component version is subject to change, the version number is not normally explicitly specified in code, so that the current version is automatically used.
Use the Site Server Service Admin (MMC) to create the new AUO provider.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Site Server 3.0.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Open the Site Server Service Admin (HTML) site (not the MMC).
- Click Personalization & Membership.
- On the left side, click Membership Servers.
- Select a membership server, and then click the Properties button.
- Click the AUO (Active User Object) Providers link, and then click Create.
- Type a name for the alias, select SimpleDBDS for the Provider Type, and then click Next.
- Select a DSN, provide the user name and password for the DSN, select an Access Type, and then click Next.
Additional query words: webadmin html Odbcwiz04.asp Odbcwiz05.asp Odbcwiz06.asp Odbcwiz11.asp Odbcwiz04 Odbcwiz05 Odbcwiz06 Odbcwiz11 administration data source name kberrmsg errmsg akz
Keywords: kbbug kbpending KB246128