Microsoft KB Archive/175594
Article ID: 175594
Article Last Modified on 5/9/2002
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0a
- Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.0
This article was previously published under Q175594
When you are using the IntelliMouse, the wheel functions may not be available even though Device Manager correctly identifies the mouse as "Mouse with Wheel."
Also, when you click the Turn On The Wheel check box on the Wheel tab in Mouse properties, you may receive the following error message:
This behavior can occur if the IntelliMouse driver was not installed properly.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mouse, click the General tab, and then click Change.
- Click Have Disk.
- Type the path to the IntelliPoint Setup disk, and then click OK.
- Click Microsoft MousePort Mouse With Wheel if you have a PS/2 mouse or Microsoft Serial Mouse With Wheel if you have a serial mouse, and then click OK.
- Click Close.
- Restart Windows when you are prompted.
Additional query words: 2.00 intelli point mouse mswheel
Keywords: kberrmsg kbenv KB175594