Microsoft KB Archive/175570
Article ID: 175570
Article Last Modified on 1/22/2007
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
This article was previously published under Q175570
By default, you have no control over the folder into which the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for Microsoft Outlook 97 (IMEP) is installed. Should you need to do so, this article describes how to designate the folder into which the IMEP files will be installed.
You can install the IMEP either by downloading the Outlimep.exe file to your computer and double-clicking it, or by installing it directly from the Web. In either case, you have no control over the installation folder. To choose the folder the IMEP is installed use the -c command-line switch.
Installing the IMEP to a Specific Folder
There are two steps to installing the IMEP to a specific folder.
- Download the Outlimep.exe to your hard drive.
- Create a shortcut to the Outlimep.exe file.
To download the Outlimep.exe, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, point to "Microsoft on the Web" and then click Free Stuff.
- Click the link, "Internet Mail Enhancement Patch Final Release."
- In the Internet Explorer dialog box, under "What would you like to do with this file?" click to select "Save it to disk."
- In the Save As dialog box, select the folder where you want to save the Outlimep.exe file.
To create a shortcut to the Outlimep.exe file, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Outlimep.exe file, and on the shortcut menu, click to select, Create Shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut and on the shortcut menu, click Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, add the -c switch at the end of the Target command-line. For example:
- Click OK.
When you double-click the shortcut to run the IMEP Setup, you will be presented with a dialog box to specify where to place the extracted files.
For more information on IMEP installation, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
171630 OL97: Files Installed by the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch
Keywords: kbconfig kbhowto kbsetup KB175570