Microsoft KB Archive/175508
Money: How to Reset Online Services After Bank Mergers
PSS ID Number: Q175508 Article last modified on 08-18-1998
- 1 ======================================================================
- 2 SUMMARY
- 3 MORE INFORMATION
- 4 DISABLING AND RE-ENABLING ONLINE SERVICES
- 5 Additional query words: w_money 97 6.0 7.0 pizza Online setup howto
The information in this article applies to:
- Microsoft Money 99
- Microsoft Money 98
- == Microsoft Money version 5.0 for Windows 95 ==
If you use Online Services and your bank is merging with another bank, you need to update your Online Services setup to use Online Services after the bank merger.
Newly merged banks will send new startup kits to their customers which may include new routing numbers and account numbers. For Online Statements and Online Bill Payment to work with Money, you need to turn off these services in Money and then turn them on again (reset the services) in order to use the Online Services again after the bank merger.
When your bank notifies you that the merger has been completed and you receive the new reference guide, you need to make one final call using your current settings. During this call, download all of the latest bank information. If you have any Automatic Payments (Apays), you will also need to send cancel instructions for them. Then, when you reset your online banking features, you need to create the payments again with the new bank information.
For additional information, please see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ARTICLE-ID: Q142768 TITLE : Money: How To Cancel Apays, Epays, and Send Bank Letter
ARTICLE-ID: Q149224 TITLE : What is an Apay and How to Enter one.
After you download your transactions from the bank, and cancel any Apays, you can disable Online Services and then reset your accounts using the new information.
Wait one business day before attempting to connect to Online Services using the new information.
DISABLING AND RE-ENABLING ONLINE SERVICES
To disable and re-enable online services, use the appropriate method for your version of Money.
For steps on how to disable and re-enable Online Services in Money 5.0, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ARTICLE-ID: Q150744 TITLE : How to Disable Online Services
Disabling Online Services in Money 99
To disable Online services in Money 99, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Online.
- Double-click the financial institution whose services you want to cancel.
- To avoid unnecessary service charges, call your financial institution and ask to cancel the services. You can find the number by clicking Contact Information in the left pane of the Online Financial Services area.
- In the left pane, click Online Setup, and then click Change Direct Services.
- In the Direct Services Setup Wizard, click “Modify Online Services for an account,” and then click Next.
- Select the account you want to cancel services for, and then click Next.
- Click to clear the Direct Bill Payment and Direct Statements check boxes. Click Next.
- Read the warning message, and then click Yes.
- Unless you want to set up, modify, or cancel another account at the same bank, click “No, I’m finished” and follow the instructions on the screen.
Remember, if you have multiple accounts enabled for Direct Banking & Investing at one financial institution, you must cancel services for each account using the steps outlined here.
Enabling Online Services in Money 99
To enable Online Services in Money 99, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Online.
- Double-click the financial institution you want to enable for Online Services.
- Click “Set up Direct Services,” click Next and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click Finish when you have completed the Online Services Setup wizard.
Disabling Online Services in Money 98
To disable Online Services in Money 98, follow these steps:
On the navigation bar, click Online Banking.
Click “Online Banking & Investments” to get a list of all the available banks, and click to select the correct bank.
Click Getting Started and then click Online Services.
For financial institutions that allow you to specify the services provided for each account, such as CheckFree Services (CFS), Open Financial Connectivity (OFC), or some Open Financial Exchange (OFX) financial institutions, follow these steps. (For other financial institutions, go to step 5.)
Click to select the following option and then click Next.
Modify Online Services for an account. Use this option to setup new services or add services to a new account.
Click Next until you reach the step “Select The <bank name> Account You Would Like To Setup For Online Services.”
Click to select the account you want to cancel services for and click Next.
Click to clear the Online Statements and Online Bill Payment check boxes and click Next.
For financial institutions that use an account list to enable specific accounts for online services, such as VISA/Integrion and some OFX financial institutions, once the the Online Services Setup Wizard is started, click to select “Cancel Online Services For All Accounts” and click Next.
Depending upon the number of services you are turning off, Money asks at least once if you want to disable the service. Make sure you read the messages explaining the results of disabling online banking and/or online bill payment.
Click Yes. Your account’s Online Services are now turned off.
If necessary, repeat for each account you wish to turn off.
Enabling Online Services in Money 98
To enable Online Services in Money 98, follow these steps:
On the navigation bar, click Online Banking and then click Change Online Services to enable your account for Online Services with the financial institution’s new information.
Work through the Change Online Services Wizard, providing your information as asked in the wizard.
NOTE: You should confirm all of new personal information based upon the new reference guide sent to you by your bank or Online Services.
Click to select Online Statements and/or Online Bill Payment as appropriate.
Click Next. Make sure your Account number and Account type are correct.
Click Next. Make sure your bank routing number is correct.
Click Next (and click Finish, if it appears). Your account is now set up for Online Services using the new information.
Additional query words: w_money 97 6.0 7.0 pizza Online setup howto
Keywords : kbdta kbonline Version : WINDOWS:5.0,98,99 Platform : WINDOWS Issue type : kbhowto ============================================================================= Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1998.