Microsoft KB Archive/175489
Article ID: 175489
Article Last Modified on 8/17/2005
- Microsoft BallPoint Mouse 1.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft BallPoint Mouse 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Easyball
- Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.0
- Microsoft Mouse
- Microsoft Mouse 2.0
- Microsoft Home Mouse 2.0
- Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Service Pack 5
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.0a
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.1
This article was previously published under Q175489
When you connect a serial pointing device to your Windows NT-based computer, Windows NT may not detect the pointing device.
This behavior can occur if a serial pointing device is already connected to a serial (COM) port. Windows NT detects only one serial pointing device.
The second pointing device is not detected because the IntelliPoint and Windows NT drivers search for only a single serial pointing device connected to the computer. When a serial pointing device is detected, the IntelliPoint and Windows NT drivers stop searching the serial (COM) ports for additional pointing devices.
Additional query words: found seen winnt
Keywords: kbhardware KB175489