Microsoft KB Archive/175435
Article ID: 175435
Article Last Modified on 8/10/1999
- Microsoft IntelliPoint 2.1
This article was previously published under Q175435
The taskbar may not appear when you point to the taskbar border at the edge of the desktop.
This behavior can occur if the IntelliPoint PointerWrap feature in the Mouse tool in Control Panel is enabled and the Auto Hide setting for the taskbar is enabled.
To display the taskbar, use one of the following methods:
Turn Off the Auto Hide Setting
To turn off the Auto Hide setting for the taskbar, follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ESC to open the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Taskbar.
- On the Taskbar Options tab, click the Auto Hide check box to clear it.
- Click OK.
Turn Off the PointerWrap Feature
To turn off the Intellipoint PointerWrap feature, follow these steps:
- Press CTRL+ESC to open the Start menu, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mouse.
- Click the Visibility tab.
- Click the PointerWrap check box to clear it.
- Click OK.
The IntelliPoint PointerWrap feature automatically moves the mouse pointer to the opposite edge of the screen when your mouse pointer reaches a screen edge.
Additional query words: disappear off screen inaccessible cursor 2.10
Keywords: kbenv KB175435